For the Momo Filling
- Onion – 1 medium sized, finely chopped
- Carrot – 1 large, grated
- Green chillies – 3-4 finely chopped
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoon
- Chicken – 250 gms very small pieces
- Green Chilly sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil – 2 teaspoon
- Pepper – 3 teaspoon
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Soya sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
For the Momo Wrapper
- Maida (All purpose flour) – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Water – as per required
- Salt to taste
- Mix the maida, oil and salt.
- Slowly add the water and knead the dough. Note that the dough should not be too sticky. Knead it till it stops sticking to your hand. Do not make the dough too hard.
- Cover the dough in a damp muslin cloth.
- Allow it to stand for 30 minutes before making the wrappers.
- Cut small parts of the dough and roll it flat.
- Cut small round circles (diameter about 15cm). Add the the filing. Press the edges of both the circle together so that it is sealed nicely.
- Mix the chicken with ginger garlic paste (2-teaspoon), chilly (1-2 – finely chopped) and salt and allow it to cook.
- In the frying pan add oil and onions. Fry till the raw smell of onion is gone.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the grated carrot. Allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute it for a minute.
- Add the pepper and chillies and saute it for half a minute.
- Finally add the boiled chicken into it.
- Add the chilly sauce, vinegar and soya sauce.
- Stir it for 2 minutes and allow it to cool.
- Now fill the Momo wrappers with this filling and seal the circle.
- Steam this on an idli stand or any stand with holes. Add very little water in the cooker. Do not put the whistle and allow it to cook for 15 minute.
- Serve it hot with schezwan sauce.