Chocolate Cupcakes with Ganache Frosting
I made these cup cakes for a pot luck lunch at my work place. The recipe I used is of Hershey’s chocolate cake recipe. The recipe is for about 25 – 30 cup cakes.
Ingredients for the cupcake:
2 cups sugar (finely ground)
1/2 coarsely ground cashew-nuts (optional)
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
Directions for baking the cupcakes:
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla
- Beat the mixture on medium speed of mixer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the boiling water (batter will be thin).
- Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- Fill cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.