Chinese Schezwan Sauce
For the Sauce
- Red chillies- 15
- Garlic – 10 + 4 pods finely chopped, 3 full pods
- Ginger – 1inch finely chopped
- Sugar – 3 teaspoon
- Chilly Tomato sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Green Chilly sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoon
- Vinegar – 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Soak the chillies in water with 3 full pods of garlic for 2hrs. If you do not want the hotness of the chillies, de-seed them before soaking.
- Boil the above for about 5 minutes and allow it to cool.
- Once cooled, separate the water and chillies and garlic.
- Grind the chillies and garlic into a paste. Use the separated water as required to make the paste.
- In a pan add the oil and saute the onions till they become translucent.
- Add the finely chopped garlic(10 pods) and chopped ginger. Saute it for a minute.
- Add the ground paste of chillies and garlic to the above all it to cook for a minute.
- Add the tomato sauce, vinegar, salt, chilly powder, green chilly sauce, sugar and the separated water (as required for the desired consistency). Cook it for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining finely chopped garlic (4 pods) and allow it to cook for a minute.
- Schezwan sauce is ready!! It can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge.