For the Ravioli
- Semolina – 1/4 cup
- All purpose flour – 1 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 3 large
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Salt (add in the dough if it is going to be consumed immediately) – 1 teaspoon
- water if needed – 2 teaspoon
For the Ravioli Filing
- Cheddar cheese – 150 gms
- Ricotta/Paneer – 70gms
- Minced chicken – 175 gms
- Celery – a small bunch roughly chopped
- Dried Thyme – 1 teaspoon
- Dried Basil – 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
For the Sauce
- Garlic – 2 -3 pods finely chopped
- Broccoli – 100 gms chopped into small pieces
- Raghu’s traditional pasta sauce – 500gm bottle
- Dried basil – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper (crushed finely)- 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan
- Add the minced chicken and celery and allow it to cook. When it is almost cooked add thyme, basil and salt.
- Remove from flame and add the grated cheddar and ricotta/paneer to the chicken. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Make small balls of the the filling.
- In a mixing bowl add the semolina, and flour along with the eggs, olive oil and water.
- Grind it in the grinder till the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Remove the mixture on a flat surface and knead it into a dough. If the dough is too watery add more flour.
- Wrap the dough in cling wrapper and keep at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Cut small parts of the dough and roll it flat. Fold the dough again and repeat this procedure for two – three times. Then roll out the dough into sheets that are about 11/2 inches thin.
- Cut small round circles. In one of the circles add the the filing ball and overlay it with another circle. Press the edges of both the circles so that it is sealed nicely.
- Ravioli is ready!
- Boil water in a bowl, add the ravioli and allow it to cook for 3 -5 min.
- Drain out the water and keep the cooked ravioli aside.
- In a pan heat olive oil.
- Add the finely chopped garlic and sauté it.
- Add the chopped broccoli and allow it to cook.
- Add the Raghu’s pasta sauce, basil, pepper and salt and allow it to cook on low flame for some time.
- Add water if needed.
- Once the sauce comes to a boil, add the boiled ravioli to it.
- Close the lid and allow it to cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Garnish it with cheese and serve hot chicken ravioli.