Potato and Cheese Frittata
- Olive oil – 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Garlic – 1 finely chopped
- Potatoes – 2 large peeled and shredded
- Onion – 1 medium chopped thin and long
- Cheddar cheese – 1/4 cup shredded
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Eggs -2 (beaten with 1 tsp of water)
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan/skillet over medium heat. When the pan/skillet is hot, add the finely chopped garlic followed by the potatoes.
- Fry until the potatoes are crispy and golden.
- Add the onions and continuously stir till the onions cook and soften.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Pour eggs over the potatoes and onions.
- Cover the pan and allow it to cook for 2 minutes.
- At this stage you if you have an oven, you can place the skillet in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 10 minutes. Add the cheese on top and return to the oven till the cheese melts (approximately 5 minutes).
- If you do not have an oven, continue cooking it in the pan for 5 minutes. Just remember to move your ladle around the edges of the pan so that the frittata does not become thin at the edges.
- Add the shredded cheese and cover and allow it to cook till the cheese melts.
- Garnish it with herbs before serving.